This position is no longer open
ClickSeed is looking for a bright and talented professional to join our core digital marketing team as we gear up for growth in 2017. As ClickSeed’s SEO Manager, you’ll develop and manage client SEO strategies, get hands-on executing the tactics, and ultimately be responsible for ensuring our clients’ success in organic search. To be successful in this position, you should be self-motivated, highly organized, and able to handle multiple clients and deadlines simultaneously. You should be analytical, but also personable and effective in communicating observations and recommendations to our clients. Above all, you should be relentlessly focused on driving meaningful and measurable results.
- A college degree in an analytical (math/science/tech) or marketing field.
- Clear understanding of search engine ranking factors and ability stay on top of updates and trends.
- Verifiable professional experience managing successful SEO campaigns.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive technical SEO audits and develop prioritized recommendations.
- Understanding of semantic markup, Schema.org, and formatting for Knowledge Graph & Rich Snippets.
- Familiarity with SEO tools, such as Moz, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, SEMRush, and more.
- Experience with Excel, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console.
- Ability to merge data sets from multiple sources and use pivot tables to summarize data.
- Must be certified in Google Analytics or willing to get certified within the first two months.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Ability to run conference calls and present to senior executives.
- A desire to build your professional reputation by regularly posting to the company blog and other industry publications.
- You’re a hard worker who takes great pride in your work.
- You consistently demonstrate a high level of maturity and reliability.
- You’re highly organized and efficient so that tasks are completed on deadline and never forgotten.
- You have the ability to stay focused and productive while working independently.
- You have a natural curiosity and love learning new things.
- You have an eagerness to solve problems and make sound decisions efficiently.
- You’re able to identify trends, patterns, and technical issues by interpreting data.
- You like to have fun and have a desire to become an essential member of a small, close-knit team.
An exceptional candidate will also have one or more of the following:
- SEO/marketing agency experience
- Established reputation and presence in the SEO community
- Experience with front-end web development, FTP, and basic server admin
- Experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture)
ClickSeed offers a competitive salary, casual work environment, flexible hours, and a ground floor opportunity with potential to grow into a leadership position in the company. Health benefits and retirement matching options will also be available to the successful candidate after a period of provisional employment.
Work From Anywhere
ClickSeed is headquartered in beautiful and quaint downtown Frederick, Maryland, which offers a variety of great shops and restaurants within walking distance. It’s a fun place to live and work, so if you live in the area and like the structure of reporting to an office each day, ClickSeed HQ can serve as your home base. However, we recognize that the best fit for a given position may not be in close proximity, so we offer remote work options that allow you to do great work from almost anywhere. As the successful candidate, you will be asked to visit for an in-person interview before receiving a formal offer.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please follow the instructions below:
- Write us a personalized cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this position, as well as your salary requirements. Include a specific successful experience you’ve had with SEO that’s relevant to this position. Alternatively, share a bad experience and what you learned from it. Lastly, share something unique about yourself (personal, not job-related) that will make us remember you (eg. a special talent, interest, experience, achievement, etc.). Impersonal cover letters that seem like they’re following a template, or cover letters with excessive grammatical errors, will be eliminated. Be authentic and let your personality shine. A strong and compelling cover letter is the best way to secure an interview.
- Click the button below to “Apply for this job.” Complete all required fields on the application form, including the supplemental questions. Paste your cover letter into the space provided. Feel free to use the “Apply with LinkedIn” feature to automatically populate the fields, but double check that all fields are populated as you’d like them to be.
- If we feel you’d potentially be a good fit, we’ll be in touch. Please no phone calls, direct emails, or LinkedIn connections/messages prior to being asked in for an interview.
Apply for this job