SEO Specialist (Entry Level)
This position is no longer open
Are you a geek at heart with a passion for technology and all things Internet? Are you also a smart, detail-oriented, and ambitious person looking for an amazing opportunity launch your digital marketing career? If this sounds like you, you could be ClickSeed’s new SEO Specialist!
We’re looking for an entry-level SEO specialist to join our fast-growing team of digital marketing pros. You bring the enthusiasm, curiosity, and commitment to become a world-class SEO expert, and we’ll provide the training, support, and client opportunities to get you there.
We’re a small agency that produces big results. We provide SEO, content marketing, and paid search services to a wide variety of businesses, ranging from enterprise B2B clients to major online publishers. Our client list includes names like Nasdaq, Rolling Stone, Us Weekly, and Kiplinger, as well as an ever growing list of top B2B companies in tech, healthcare, and more.
ClickSeed offers a competitive salary, casual work environment, flexible hours, a competitive benefits package, and a ground floor opportunity with excellent potential for career advancement.
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Our office is located in beautiful and quaint downtown Frederick, Maryland. You’ll be in a fun environment, with a variety of lunch and coffee destinations in easy walking distance. And if you commute from Baltimore, DC or Montgomery County, you’ll be traveling in the opposite direction of all that rush-hour traffic!
Here are the things you’ll eventually need to be able to do:
- Perform keyword research using a variety of tools to analyze search volume and keyword ranking difficulty, and use your brain to evaluate searcher intent and unique opportunities associated with those keywords.
- Optimize page-level metadata settings in a variety of content management systems like WordPress, Expression Engine, Hubspot, etc. to align with recommendations derived from your keyword research.
- Using tools like Search Console, Screaming Frog, and dozens of other browser plugins and web based apps to troubleshoot technical issues that affect a website’s search engine rankings.
- Use tools like Open Site Explorer and Ahrefs to analyze website back link profiles to identify new link opportunities and diagnose penalties.
- Analyze website performance metrics using a variety of tools like Google Analytics and Adobe SiteCatalyst.
- Assemble reports by exporting raw data to Excel or Google Sheets, and use charting functions to show traffic trends.
- Stay up to speed on the latest trends in SEO and write about what you learn on the ClickSeed blog (at ClickSeed, everybody blogs).
- Pitch in with the little (sometimes mundane) things involved with working at a startup, like running errands, ordering supplies, unjamming the printer, taking out the trash, answering the phone, and other administrative duties. I won’t ask you to do anything I won’t do myself, but keep in mind that this is a startup environment!
We don’t expect you to be able to do all of this on Day 1, but the above responsibilities should sound exciting and fascinating to you! If you got bored reading it, this job ain’t for you.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a natural “numbers person.”
- Basic Excel skills. You should be comfortable using basic functions and creating charts.
- Familiarity with Gmail and Google Apps. Ability to quickly learn and leverage a variety of collaboration tools, such as Basecamp, Wrike, Flow, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, FB, Google+, at a minimum)
- Some demonstrable experience in blogging or creating websites. It doesn’t have to be formal job experience, but if you’ve never blogged or attempted set up a basic website on your own, this job might not be a good fit.
How To Apply
We’re a small team in the early stages of establishing our culture, so it’s important that we find a great match for this position. That’s why we have a few steps in our initial screening process you might not typically encounter. Here’s how to apply:
1. Click the button below to “Apply for this position.” Fill out all applicable fields on the initial screen.
2. Attach your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements, the date you’ll be available to start, and why you’re a great match for this position. Share something interesting and unique about yourself and describe your career goals.
3. Complete the remaining questions and click “Submit your application.”
4. If we like what we see, we’ll ask you to complete a simple set of tasks that will allow you to demonstrate your attention to detail. Complete the tasks flawlessly and there’s a good chance you’ll be hearing from us.
This position is no longer open