Content Marketing Specialist
This position has been filled. Please check back again soon for new opportunities.
ClickSeed is looking for a highly talented and organized Content Marketing Specialist to assist with the growth and continued development of our rapidly expanding content marketing services. Exceptional writing prowess and obsessive attention to grammatical detail are essential, but we’re also looking for that special person who is ready to go all-out as a founding team member to help set the stage for our continued growth. Are you ready to become part of our amazing growth story?
We’re a small agency that produces big results. We provide SEO, content marketing, and paid search services to a wide variety of businesses, ranging from enterprise B2B clients to media organizations and publishers. Publisher clients include Nasdaq, Rolling Stone, Us Weekly, Men’s Journal, and Kiplinger, and B2B clients include Zayo, Virtru, Avalere Health, and more.
ClickSeed offers a competitive salary, casual work environment, flexible hours, health insurance reimbursement, paid vacation/holidays/sick leave, and a ground floor opportunity with excellent potential for career advancement.
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Our office is located in beautiful and quaint downtown Frederick, Maryland. Frederick is consistently rated as one of the best places to live with one of the best downtown areas in the country. You’ll be in a great environment, with a variety of lunch and coffee destinations in easy walking distance. And if you commute from Baltimore, DC or Montgomery County, you’ll be traveling in the opposite direction of all that rush-hour traffic!
About the Content Marketing Specialist Position
To be successful in this position, you’ll not only need to be a gifted writer and copy editor, you’ll need to be able to juggle multiple clients and deadlines. The ideal candidate is a mix of strategist, editor, writer, and account manager, who can conceptualize a wide variety of complex services, products, and technology, translate them into compelling story ideas, and manage the content creation process without missing a beat.
- Serve as the primary contact for ClickSeed’s content marketing clients.
- Manage the content creation process – from ideation, to editing, to performance tracking – for multiple clients each month.
- Collaborate with clients and writers to develop monthly blog “topic pitches” for client approval. Pitches should be engaging and optimized for maximum exposure in search engines and social media.
- Manage monthly editorial calendars and facilitate all workflow and communication between writers and clients.
- Assess and manage writing talent for a variety of integrated marketing campaigns, across a variety of industries and topic areas.
- Edit content from multiple writers for consistent tone and grammar.
- Be willing to occasionally roll up your sleeves to write original content for clients to fill resource gaps.
- Write and organize content assets for ClickSeed, including client case studies, weekly posts on the ClickSeed blog, social media posts and everything in between.
- Measure and track performance of published content through Google Analytics and/or Adobe SiteCatalyst, and use those insights to drive future content planning decisions.
Education & Experience Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, PR, communications or a related field.
- 2-3 years of journalism/editing/content marketing experience.
- Experience in PR and B2B marketing is a major plus.
- Excellent copy editing and proofreading skills.
- Outstanding writing, creative storytelling, and brainstorming skills.
- Clear and direct communication skills, with the ability to put people at ease and deliver editorial feedback and constructive criticism tactfully.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and never miss a deadline.
- Excellent research skills and ability to familiarize yourself with new topics quickly.
- Strategic thinker with a passion for new media and technology.
- Experience working in an agency and/or managing client relationships.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- A basic understanding of search engine optimization and keyword usage.
- Experience using WordPress or a similar content management system.
- Experience using a web analytics platform, such as Google Analytics or Adobe SiteCatalyst.
- A great sense of humor and infectious enthusiasm!
Skills that Will Make You an Exceptional Candidate
- Experience pitching and getting content placed in major publications.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of SEO and “white hat” link building practices.
- Certifications and/or experience working with marketing automation platforms, such as Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot, and Act-On.
How To Apply
Because we’re a small team and in the early stages of establishing our culture, it’s critical that we find an exceptional match for this position. For this reason, we’ve developed a three-step screening process for applicants. Here’s how to apply:
1. Click the button below to “Apply for this position.” Fill out all applicable fields on the initial screen, and attach your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary requirements, the date you’ll be available to start, and why you’re a great match for this position. Share something interesting and unique about yourself and describe your career goals. Your cover letter serves as your first writing sample, so make it good! Complete the remaining questions and click “Submit your application.”
2. If we like what we see, we’ll email you and ask you to provide 12 sample blog topic pitches (headline and description) for three fictional companies (four pitches each): a cloud hosting company, a wealth management firm, and an online clothing stylist for women. Even if we’re not crazy about your pitches, we’ll pay you $30 for your work. Please don’t send sample pitches unless we request them from you.
3. If we like everything we see up to this point, there’s a good chance you’ll be asked to come in for an interview. During the interview, we’ll ask you to complete a short editing quiz to test your grammar and proof reading skills.
We’re big on transparency here, so we want you to have a clear sense of the steps a successful candidate will follow on the path to becoming a ClickSeed team member. Ultimately we want to make sure there’s a great mutual fit and that you’ll be able to thrive at ClickSeed for a long time to come.