This position has been filled. Please check back again soon for new opportunities.
ClickSeed is looking for an SEO Strategist with 3+ years of SEO experience to join us in our Frederick, Maryland office. We provide SEO, paid search, and content marketing services to a wide variety of businesses, ranging from enterprise B2B clients to media organizations and publishers.
Clients include: NASDAQ, Rolling Stone, Us Weekly, Men’s Journal, Kiplinger, and more.
ClickSeed offers a competitive salary, casual work environment, flexible hours, and a ground floor opportunity with excellent potential for career advancement. Our location in beautiful and quaint downtown Frederick, Maryland means you’ll be able to walk to a variety of lunch and coffee destinations and, if you commute from Baltimore, DC or Montgomery County, you’ll be traveling in the opposite direction of all that rush-hour traffic!
About the SEO Strategist Position
To be successful in this position, you’ll need to possess a rare mix of skills that includes marketing, communications, analytics, web development, and server admin. Although you won’t typically be writing code, you will need to be comfortable examining browser source source code for formatting issues, analyzing complicated technical integrations on large websites to identify potential crawl and indexation issues, and diving deep into analytics data to spot trends, problems and opportunities. From there you’ll need to be able to quickly shift gears to craft persuasive outreach emails and communicate complex issues to clients in a way that’s easy to understand. Take a look at the following and see if it describes you:
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years professional agency SEO experience or 3+ years in-house
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and able to find ways to deliver value even when clear direction isn’t available
- Deep understanding of search engine ranking factors & on-site SEO
- Ability to efficiently and methodically perform comprehensive keyword research that considers both traffic volume and intent
- Ability to conduct technical SEO audits and make prioritized recommendations most likely to achieve client goals
- Ability to identify trends, patterns, and technical problems using web analytics data, and make smart recommendations for improving performance
- Experience with identifying high value link targets and performing outreach to secure relevant, high quality inbound links
- Experience in link profile analysis and identification of Penguin-related issues
- Experience in qualitative analysis of site content, especially as it relates to identification of Panda-related issues
- Understanding of semantic markup, Schema.org, and formatting for Rich Snippets
- Experience with Excel, Google Analytics, and Google Webmaster Tools
- Excellent writing and communication skills, as well as a desire to build your professional reputation by regularly posting compelling content to the company blog and industry publications.
Skills that Will Make You an Exceptional Candidate
- Understanding of Google News ranking factors
- Advanced Excel skills (pivots, functions/formulas, etc.)
- Ability to leverage tools creatively, like Xpath/ importXML with a Google Spreadsheet
- Advanced Google Analytics (including custom segments and advanced filtering with Regex)
- Experience with Adobe (Omniture) SiteCatalyst
- Experience working on large websites (tens of thousands and often millions of pages)
- Experience with tools like Screaming Frog, Raven Tools, Moz, SEMRush, Authority Labs, OpenSiteExplorer, Google Keyword Planner, and more
If you think you’re the right fit for this position, please follow these instructions:
- Send me an email that includes salary requirements, the date you’ll be available to start, and a compelling value proposition. Share something interesting about yourself and describe your career goals. If you’d like to demonstrate how adept you are with social media (an important skill for any digital marketer), feel free to include links to your relevant social media profiles. Please include all this info in the body of your email – do not send it as an attachment.
- Send your resume, including all relevant experience, education, and credentials, as an attachment to your email in Microsoft Word format.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Founder & President