Digital Marketing Coordinator
This position has been filled. Please check back again soon for new opportunities.
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Are you a multi-talented, wickedly clever, and detail-oriented marketing professional who is as good with numbers as you are with words? Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset with a strong competitive streak and a passion for winning? Are you looking for an opportunity to unleash your creative and analytical talents in a position where you’ll gain exposure in a wide variety of digital marketing disciplines?
If so, you could be ClickSeed’s new Digital Marketing Coordinator!
ClickSeed is a new company that provides unrivaled digital marketing and online visibility services to top-notch enterprise clients and media organizations. We’re already developing an outstanding reputation in the industry by helping clients like NASDAQ, Rolling Stone, and Us Weekly grow their audiences on the web. I’m looking to hire a smart digital marketer with unlimited potential to help me transition this thriving independent consultancy to a full-service digital marketing agency.
ClickSeed offers a competitive salary, casual work environment, flexible hours, and an amazing opportunity for career development and advancement. Our location in beautiful and quaint downtown Frederick, Maryland means you’ll be able to walk to a variety of lunch and coffee destinations and, if you commute, you’ll be traveling in the opposite direction of all that rush-hour traffic!
Here are the things you’ll need to be able to do:
- Assist in the development and management of integrated digital marketing and SEO campaigns.
- Communicate regularly with clients via email and telephone, and respond quickly, thoughtfully, and cheerfully to client requests.
- Perform keyword research and competitor analysis for SEO and to generate blog and article topic recommendations and optimize web page metadata.
- Coordinate pitches and submissions from freelance writers. Regularly publish content to client blogs and manage multiple social media accounts. Find interesting new content to share, respond to reader comments, and measure engagement.
- Analyze usage metrics by leveraging a variety of tools like Google Analytics and Adobe (Omniture) SiteCatalyst. Assemble reports by exporting raw data to Excel and use charting functions to show traffic trends and provide insight into untapped opportunities.
- Stay up to speed on the latest trends in SEO, paid search, social media, analytics, and all aspects of digital marketing. Write a weekly blog post for the ClickSeed.com blog on important trends and topics relevant to ClickSeed’s clients.
- Pitch in with the little (sometimes mundane) things involved with working at a startup, like running errands, ordering supplies, unjamming the printer, taking out the trash, answering the phone, and other administrative duties. I won’t ask you to do anything I won’t do myself, but keep in mind that this is a startup environment!
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to juggle many concurrent assignments.
- Self-motivated and able to deliver consistent value with limited direction or supervision.
- Great social and relationship building skills. Ability to quickly establish rapport with just about anyone.
- Basic knowledge of websites and HTML (you don’t need to code from memory, but you should easily be able to “view source” in a browser and explain basic meta tags and settings)
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, FB, Google+, at a minimum)
- 1+ years of experience in a relevant field.
If you think you’re the right fit for this position, please follow these instructions:
- Submit a cover letter that includes salary requirements, the date you’ll be available to start, and a compelling value proposition. Share something interesting about yourself and describe your career goals. If you’d like to demonstrate how adept you are with social media (an important skill for any digital marketer), feel free to include links to your relevant social media profiles. Please send the cover letter in the body of your email – do not send it as an attachment.
- Send your resume, including all relevant experience, education, and credentials, as an attachment to your cover letter email in Microsoft Word format.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Founder & President